First and foremost, we hope that you, your family and friends are all safe and well.
Podiatry services are a medical appointment and therefore exempt from closure during this second lockdown.
We want you to know that, as always, the safety of our patients and our team are our top priority. With this in mind, we wanted to make you aware of the measures we are taking to be able to work safely and appropriately to manage the risks of COVID-19.
Currently we are:
- Donnning seperate disposable PPE (aprons, gloves, masks)
- Using sterile instruments
- Performing hand hygiene/handwashing immediately before and after every episode of direct patient contact
- Recording the teams baseline temperatures daily to ensure we are all staying well
- Requesting that all patients arrive as close to their appointment time as possible to reduce crossover (the door will be locked upon your arrival)
- Encouraging patients to wear masks upon entering the clinic (if you don’t have one, one will be provided but one of your own may be more comfortable)
- Using an infrared thermometer to check you temperature on arrival
- Encouraging our patients to make the most of handwashing/hand gel facilities upon entering and leaving the clinic
- Staggering appointments to ensure minimal contact with other patients
- Undertaking fastidious cleaning before, during and after all appointments
- Removing magazines and papers to reduce surface contact
- Not serving drinks or refreshments (it’s quite hard to drink with a mask on!)
- Wiping down high contact surface areas such as door handles and PDQ machines
- Screening off the reception desk for mutual protection
- Waiving our cancellation fee for those affected by the coronavirus
- Refraining from shaking hands – opting for a big smile and friendly wave instead!
- Keeping the appropriate social distance (we have floor markings to assist with this)
- Health screening calls are taking place the day before your appointment so that we can run through all of the above and ensure you’re not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
We hope the actions listed above reasssure you that we are investing in your safety and protection at an uncertain and worrying time.
If you have any concerns around the virus and booking your podiatry treatment, please do not hesitate to give us a call and we will be happy to chat things through.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!